Ipsen Vacation tickers

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Winter in South Africa...BBBBrrrrr!!

Ok, so I have to start by saying that I got all unpacked and made it with only one roach in my clothes!  Yah!  But have had a lizzard and a HUGE spider waiting for me in my room, surprising since it's so cold.  Hope they are not warming themselved under my down comforter. 

Brian took grandma and the boys out last night and came home with a trophy Waterbuck.  These animals are so regal and stoic looking.  I can't wait for you all to see them.  I am not sure where we are going to put all of them when we get home though.  Tavi (one of the guides) and Brian are already discussing the "man cave lodge" that needs to be buildt out at the farm.

It has been really cold and windy yesterday and today.  It was about 35 degrees this morning, so only Brian went out.  The rest of us slept in, or at least stayed in the rooms.  I definitely did not pack enough cold weather clothes for this.  If it stays this way we may need to go find a fleece store.

Last night after another amazing meaty meal, we all sat around the fire pit.  We talked Gigi (our hostess) into buying ingredients for smores (or as close as she could get).  We introduced them to our favorite campfire dessert.  It was a hit!



Daddy just returned.  This morning he got a tsesebbe. I'll post a pic.  Now time for hot brunch and down time before we head out again.

4 comments:

normaandjerryt said...

hmmmmm, man cave or bigger house???!!! you will be getting some interesting packages when you get home!!! gramma roxy, have you aimed at anything yet?? be careful and can't wait to see all the pics, have so enjoyed the blog, thanks!

normaandjerryt said...

hey, btw, keep an eye out for michele and the girls, they also are in south africa on safari, looking for the big animals! guess barrack didn't have time to go with them this time! ttyl

wanda said...

Incredible animals! Was just thinking about how Mt. Hulda could work a stuffed tsesebbe into next year's CC Fair float.....hmmmm. If I look close, I think I see a glass of red wine in the smores picture - that's a good sign! Glad you are safely back to less challenging surroundings. Enjoy your week there!

Lawrie Weinberg Knox said...

Hey Amy...I went to church today and saw your dad...he seems anxious for your return. I just wanted to take this opportunity to tell you that you, Brian, your children and Roxy are a huge inspiration. It has been such a wonderful experience to keep up with your adventure in Africa. Thank you soooo much for allowing us to be part of your family for the last several weeks. God speed to you all for a safe return...I am hoping to drag Katie down for a visit and "girls night".