Ipsen Vacation tickers

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Pictures from today








Ok, so here are some pics from what we are up to today.  The bottom pic is from the other night after it rained.  The kids always hang around and like to look in our windows.

The baby is mom's new friend.  His name is Bless.  He and his mother, Lovely, came and visited with us this morning.

The kids as you will see in the other pictures were trying to tie a rope onto the closeline to make a kinda swing.  It worked a little, but kept breaking.  Then McGyver daddy to the rescue!  He not only made one, but two new swings for the kids to use.  They loved it and had never had a swing before.  Grace had to teach them how to pump their legs so that they didn't have to push each other.

Joe is getting private football lessons from one of the boys.  He is learning a lot.  All the boys here are really good at soccer.  I think Joe is like the attention and I think the older boys like to teach him, they are very patient with him. 

2 comments:

wanda said...

The pictures are WONDERFUL! Thank you for putting those up. And your descriptions of the day are so helpful so we (okay, I, as I'll speak for myself) can "see" what it is like there and what you are experiencing. SO glad your internet is working better. It would be a long 6 weeks without these posts! The difference in our lives here vs there is amazing. I just grabbed supper from Fazoli's on the way home from work late tonight and for the first time, didn't take that convenience for granted. We are so blessed here and we don't even realize it. Your description of the little boy and his grandparents even makes me thankful for DFS, and for me that's saying something. :-) Joe, can't wait to see you play soccer when you come back home and I love the picture of you wrapped up in that tree! Grace, your smile is beautiful and it's so good to see it - Jesus' love shines through your smile! Looks like Toby found some mud - are we going to get to see showering in the rain pictures? okay, maybe not... :-) Brian, you're amazing and I'm praying for you and your work every day. Amy, you amaze me all the time. And to my African Sister - I sure do miss you! Hope you are recording lots of sounds and stories!Love to you all- post again soon!

missallizoom said...

Ok that baby is adorable!!!! I love those dimples! So do you feel like you are living under a microscope with all the kids peering in at you? If I remember correctly isn't Joe already a rockstar on the soccer field? He is going to come back to the states and have some crazy unfair advantage. It's very cool that your kids can learn from them. So is this the rainy season or is it always that lush in Cameroon? Love you guys!