Ipsen Vacation tickers

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Home SIck

We kinda hit a wall today and kids really started missing things from home.  Grandma and Grace put a poem together of their wishes.....




Chicken strips from Outback,   hot mustard on the side.
Tuna salad from Panara’s,  my mouth is open wide!
Olive Garden….Fettuccine ,  my dreams are all the same.
An Oasis of a food court, is calling out my name.
Will I ever stand at Goodcents, pick turkey, ham or cheese,
Stack it gently on a bun,….. top with mayo,  please.
But alas, I’m having pasta, with bread again tonight,
Topped off with spicy beans, and fruit for my delight.
It’s just a good reminder, from the good Lord up above,
That I’m not here to serve myself, but here to share his love.
So I shall be content, with fruit and rice and bread,
And let the Lord keep filling me with His good gifts instead.
And with these gifts I’ll share His love with everyone I meet.
Sustained by the hand of God, and not with what I eat.
 

Joey's friend, Jesse left today to go to live with his parents for the summer, so we made him a Lego airplane to send him off.  Joe was sad to see him go.


Jesse and Joey

 I was again amazed today at Joey teaching Toby to climb trees, not from the trunk up, but from the branches, into the tree.



Lastly, Grandma decided she needed a fly swatter.  Grace and I went to the market, and after much looking and explaining what a fly swatter was...no one had one, best we could do was a "small broom." I decided I could do better so I built her an African Fly Swatter.

 One of the older boys asked what I was building.  Then said, oh the flying termites..  They are delicious, we eat them. (not kidding, very serious)  He said grasshoppers are his favorite, but only in Oct/Nov.  But this time of year, drying out the termites and eating them is very good.
We've yet to decided if we are ready to try.




No comments: