Ipsen Vacation tickers

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

OK my blogger friends and family, I am finally online!!  Everything here is such a time consuming process (reminds me of trying to get things done on church committee meetings!).  It is hard for a not so patient, getter done kinda gal like myself to adjust to the no concept of time or urgency of Africa.  So...squeaky wheel gets the oil and now I have Internet.

I don't even know where to begin.  Yes I do...Let's just jump in continuing on with "the crazy things you see in Africa" list.  A hoodie, without the ie!  Yes, there was a women with a hood from a hoodie that was drawstringed tight around her face without the sweatshirt attached.  CRAZY!!

So when we landed in Douala on Saturday it all just came back and hit me.  I started a list in my journal on the 6 hour van ride from Douala to Mbingo on Sunday, "The senses of Africa".  It ended as a running list two pages long.  Examples: the humidity, the smell of Africa, the honking, corn growing in ditches, babies on motos, men holding hands while walking down road, cold filtered water, fresh baked bread, open roadside markets, and the list went on.  These experiences and sensations that are unique to Africa, I have to say I missed and am glad I have the opportunity to experience them again.

I thought on Monday that I was going to have a weak uninteresting blog this year as day one we spent all day in the house due to rain, rain, and more rain.  Not much accomplished besides napping, reading, and settling in.  B worked in clinic and settled in as well.  But after a few days have now passed, woman in "dieless" hoodie changed my mind.  I wish that I can describe to all of you the details of this amazing place and do justice to the people here and their culture and country. 

This is the start to Africa 2012.  Let the adventure continue and may God lead us where we are destined to go.  "I will praise you forever, O God, for what you have done. I will trust in your good name in the presence of your faithful people." Psalm 52:9.

Signing out till after lunch and I can get my photos uploaded. 
Love you all!  And thank you so much for all your prayers, keep them coming.
amy lea

2 comments:

missallizoom said...

Excitedly waiting for pics! Thinking about you guys daily.

wanda said...

Good to hear from you! Grace, Joe, Toby, I hope you are having fun with the kids and liking your new home. Can't wait to see pictures of all of you! Thoughts and prayers every day...