Ipsen Vacation tickers

Thursday, June 7, 2012

First today I need to start by thanking Miss Sandy for the dresses she made for Grace.  They are very easy for her to wear and change into when we need to go up to the hospital or dinner.  And I think she is rather cute in them!  The girls in our hood also like them and we think there will be enough for most her size to have one.
We took our first mountain hike the other day.  Brian got home early from work and so we decided to go on an adventure.  Actually not to much of an adventure, we took the same path last year, but a good one to start.  Joe took his friend Jesse with us and Grace brought Susan.  It was a good cardio workout and a great view from the top.  Susan had never seen mountains before coming to Cameroon, she kept asking if we were really on a mountain, and she loved it. She was very excited to reach the top!  Jesse wouldn't take his coat off  and said he was fine even though I was sweating profusely and hot (another crazy Africa thing).  The kids were all troppers, especially Toby who only asked to be carried once on the way down (we made him walk...he's four this year after all).   You can see by the pictures (which I can never get to do justice) that it was beautiful day.

 After the hike we headed to dinner at the hostel.  Margaret treated us with hamburgers (kinda small and taste like beef jerky) and a big plate of tomatoes.  I have to add for all who know B, he even ate the tomatoes.  Since we are making the kids try a bite of everything on their plates, he needed to be a good example.  On that note, for those who know my Tobs, knows how picky he is.  We have been very proud of him for trying new foods.  Both of my boys actually have been eating very well considering.  We are snacking on fruit every day.  I was thinking of Pastor and Karen yesterday when I was slicing up a fresh pineapple and some mango from the tree behind our house.  I wish I could send some home for you all.  I tell the kids it's God's candy cause it's so sweet.


The last picture I took of Joe, he was running ahead of us to the hospital.  It was kinda a where's waldo kinda pic.  Thought you might enjoy it.

I'll have to let B blog his hospital, clinic, surgery experiences thus far.  As always, nothing simple, nothing common, and nothing easy.  You know...things that make you go humm?!?!

Later friends,
amy lea







Almost home!

4 comments:

missallizoom said...

Everytime I show Noah your pics he say "pwease I go dare!!!!" yesterday he went so far as grabbing his soccer ball so he could play with the boys :) Love you guys!

pritzel_sam said...

love the pictureS! glad to hear Toby is tryingnew food. think he will be up for schnitzel when he gets home? SAM

Anonymous said...

Awesome :-)

wanda said...

These are some of the best pictures ever! SO glad you are posting them. Words are wonderful, but pictures tell so much more! Missing all of you, and thinking of you with prayers every day. Keep posting! God bless...