Ipsen Vacation tickers

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Blogging on Ipads Sucks!!!

I've written this 5 times, had to put this at the front because I cant get to the end.
I'm just going to stick in all the pics and keep fighting it.

So as many of you know, I have traveled back to Cameroon with my Parents and Uncle Jim, hence forth to be known as "the entourage or MDJ (Mom,Dad, Jim)  I think it has been quite the eye opening adventure for them.  They all seem to be enjoying themselves, the quite pace, great weather and pictures surroundings.  They are quickly settleing into life here.  MDJ all went and visited the Hope Village (Leper colony) today and were toured around.  Then I made a point to get done early and hiked them up the mountain that looks back on the compound.  Breathtaking views and again Mom and Dad were taken by the natural beauty.
Grasshoppers for dinner!!

Patients laying outside for sunshine...

E













Both my parents are amazed at the feeling of community and closeness this place exudes.  Dad just enjoyes sitting on the porch watching the kids play "football"  I  saw this compassion again today when the kids past up walking up the hill going home from school all holding hands in a line.

I can't tell you how frustrated I am right now, between the horrible internet here and how bad a choice it was to bring the Ipad with me, which is not designed to work with this blogging site...pretty grumpy right now.

MDJ have hiked 3 days in a row at this point and I think are pretty well enjoying themselves.  Dad and Jim tried to find jobs here, eventually got handed to the painting crew...scared the crap out of two poor old paws (men) who were the painting crew..  Pretty much two young wipper snapper Americans' (Dad and Jim) were there to steal their jobs and take there pay.  So Dad and Jim decided maybe they'd just head for the mountain...good side, is Dr Palmer is very pleased, because he hadn't seen them get the ward repainted that fast...ever.


Mom is settling in as well.  She has more to do, went to wound care clinic and got invited to come spend time in Physical Therapy once they found out she use to work on rehab unit.  She is going to come home and complain about how much laundry she did, but as opposed to Roxy and Amy before her, who did it all by hand and it would never dry.. She has a laundry machine next door and extremely dry weather and the dry fast.
So

6 comments:

JenR said...

Glad "MDJ" are enjoying themselves. Brian, I hope you are too. All-y'all be careful. Lots of love, Jen

wanda said...

M, I know you take excellant pictures - can't wait to see this place through them. D & J, stay out of trouble! Sorry it's so frustrating, Brian, but your efforts are appreciated - want to hear from you. You are all in my thoughts and prayers...and wish I were there, too!

Kevin said...

Glad to see the smiles on Mona & Alan!

Julia said...

B, do you have the Blogger app? Try getting that it might make blogging easier for you.

shannon said...

Glad you made it safe ans things are going well! How goes the surgery schedule? Any spine this trip or all ortho? I enjoy the pictures as well.! Little slow around here but to be expected, Kelly's house is really coming along, headed this weekend to see Dr. G in Tampa, Kelly can't go cause Ang is due but will make next trip down, he was a little bummed. I told him we can make another trip and he will absolutely go, but I would not be able to live with myself if he wasn't here for the birth of his second one. Hope this finds you well!
Shannon

missallizoom said...

Noah says he would like to try a grasshopper, I can't get him to eat his dinner most days but he is volunteering to eat that, couldn't get him to understand that, while high in protein, most people wouldn't consider it dinner. Glad to see pics and hear MDJ are getting some hiking in. We need some pics of Uncle Jim. Sending lots of love your way.