Ipsen Vacation tickers

Monday, July 10, 2017

90 HOURS TO GO!

The piles are growing...


Alright folks, the adventure is about to begin...or at least in 90ish hours it will.  Really, I only have 90 hours to pull this all together and get out the door! 😅😟  



For those of you who don't know about our previous adventures, in 2011 God opened a door for Brian and I to serve His people in Africa and it changed our lives forever.  This week we are setting off again, making it Brian's 6th trip, my 5th trip, and the kids' 3rd trip.  We had agreed that we would serve in some capacity in Africa at least once a year before we even returned home from our first trip, but the last couple years have thrown a few curve balls at us which shot that plan off track a bit.  This year, we decided that three years had been long enough and we needed to make the hop across the ocean and over a few countries to reunite ourselves with our friends in Cameroon.  We (kids included) have been anxiously waiting this trip for three years and we are all very excited.  As before, I will try to post updates and pics at least every other day or so (at the mercy of the internet) so that you (specifically my mom) can meet the amazing people we are visiting, see the work we are doing, and make sure that we are safe, healthy, and happy!

So as I sit here pondering all that is ahead of us in the next couple of weeks, I opened my bible and wouldn't you know...it opened right to the perfect verse!  I love it when God does that, like gives me goose bumps kinda love.  It opened right to Psalm 18, David's words remind me of the loving strength and guidance that God has given us.  As we embark on this adventure to a foreign land and unknown possibilities, I am assured in verse 36 that "You gave a wide place for my steps under me, and my feet did not slip." God gave us a path, He made sure it was secure, He is with us along the way, and now we must go...

Pending I get my laundry pile washed, totes packed, and kids vaccines in system!

If you are interested in seeing how this works out for us, follow my blog.  It is a little shorter trip this time than what we have done in the past, but I hope I can still share with all of you a bit of why Africa means so much to us and why it has changed our lives.

Au revoir for now...
  
































4 comments:

Unknown said...

Can't wait to follow this year's trip!! Looking forward to seeing all the positive things that are being done through you, Dr, and the kids-

Cindy D. said...

I am SO excited for you and can't wait to hear how God flexes His muscles!! Know you will be in my constant thoughts and prayers!!

wanda said...

Already!?!??! Just like your leaving seems like it came up so quickly, so too will the time that you are there and then you will be home again...probably looking at an even bigger pile of laundry - this time with pockets and hems filled with African soil. So very proud of you and jealous that I'm not going, too. Someday! Post often - will be waiting. Love deeply - as you are loved. Laugh a lot - share more "Africanisms" or whatever you called them last time. God is with you and never ever breaks His promise.

Amy Ball said...

Anxious to see how God uses you all. Many prayers for safe and smooth travels and God's preparations for the hearts that will be touched, including your own.