Ipsen Vacation tickers

Friday, May 27, 2011

Where's the wash machine when you need it?!?!

Day three in Mbingo and what have I decided I miss the most?  My washer and dryer, hand washing is not my cup of tea!  Brian misses Coke Lite.  Mom misses the ease of picking up the phone and calling people (we have shotty cell service-able to recieve limited calls but cannot call out).  Grace misses her friends.  Joe misses "normal food".  And Toby just wants to go home!  What we are not missing is all our stuff!  It is amazingto me right now as I am watching my kids play with two boxes that they found left in a closet! 

We have tried to interact with the locals some.  Yesterday the kids played soccer with Courage and her brother (they live in the shack behind us).  They took their shoes off when the kids asked them to play, weird since I make mine put theirs on when they want to play.  It is hard to communicate as most of them speak french.  I am kicking myself for not retaining more of the two years I took it at CCHS.  We have eaten local grub, whole fried fish today, fried plantain, yams, rice, beans, and green stuff than looks like spinach but taste like a smoked pesto that I don't remember the name of, lots of baked breads, and it's all great.

Brian is getting settled in and should do his first case on Monday.  Till then we are looking to do a little hiking this weekend and maybe venture to the market in town to get some supplies. 

I have taken some pictures but haven't figured out how to post them yet.  The internet connection is spotty and slow.  I will keep working on it. 

Hugs to all of you!  Oh, Daddy's home!

2 comments:

monaipsen said...

Dad said to tell you we could FED EX a wash board to you if that would be helpful? Of course, we'll have to find one first. We are enjoying the blog and your descriptions of the country even without pictures. Please continue. Enjoy your hike. Lots of traffic going thru town tonight because of the holiday. Enjoy the weekend. We love you!!

wanda said...

Thinking of you all on this rainy Sunday morning, hoping you are having a wonderful Sunday afternoon!