Ipsen Vacation tickers

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The Mountains of Cameroon

Alright friends here we go...
I want to start by saying that I am in a constant state of prayer for all our friends, community members, and volunteers that are aiding in the recovery and clean up in Jopin, Coffee Talk girls you know what I am talking about!  I spiritually and physically cannot leave this state, the Holy Spirit is working in me for you all!  I have heard that there are still 1500 people unaccounted for, all I have to say about that is that our God is a merciful God and his hand is on every single one!  I also want all to know that as we deboarded the plane in Paris, the front page of the International Herald featured the devastation from the tornado in Joplin.  We are world news.  People couldn't believe it even in France! 

We made the 24 hours of travel without too many glitches.  The only major setback was that both Joey and Tobyn have developed the stomach flu.  8 hours on the plane with a barfing kid is no fun, but thank you daddy cause he had duty on that flight!  My mohter has decided that flying is NOT for her!  She could not figure out how the earphones worked on the plane and that was that.  I guess we'll just have to leave her in Africa cause she has sworn off flying (or she'll have to take up some hard core swimming!). 

16 hrs of flying, 8 hours of waiting, one evening in Douala sleeping, 6 hours of driving and we've finally arrived!  I've always wanted to say that..."I've finally arrived"! :)  I cannot describe the beauty of this place.  I hope to get some pictures up when I have a little more time and internet connection.  We are in the mountains, which are lush with greenery everywhere and waterfalls, and lots of rain. 

Joey is feeling better, Toby is not so haven't ventured too far out of house yet.  Rain has now stopped so we are gonna find some food.  Hopefully not cowtail!  Yes, I said COWTAIL!  (Was informed that they eat every part of the cow) ...think I just had a baby barf...  

4 comments:

wanda said...

SO thankful to know that you have all arrived safely! rest, relax and enjoy the cows tail! We ate ox tail soup that Don Kyle made when we were kids!!!! Can't wait to hear more and see pictures!

Kevin said...

We are glad to hear that you got to your destination safely! We, too, continue to hold up in prayer the victims of this horrific tragedy. Again, we all know that God will protect and provide. His will be done! Sedalia was hit today with a tornado and we spent 2.5 hrs in the basement in KC because of tornados. No deaths or injuries, but a good amount of damage in Sedalia. Anxious to hear about your adventures. Sad to hear the boys have been sick. Looking forward to your next post. Be safe and enjoy doing the will of God to help the people in Cameroon! What a blessing you are to them! Love you all, Karen

Joanna said...

I'm so happy you are safe. I know you will have such an amazing time. We love you bunches. I get at least 3 or 4 phone calls a day asking about you guys so you are truly loved and supported from here. I have been in touch with your dad and he's kept me in the loop. Can't wait to hear all aout your adventures. Xoxoxoxo

missallizoom said...

I can't wait to see pictures and hear from your kids their impression of the experience. As for Joplin... keep praying and know that there will still be a lot to do when you get home to help with the recovery. So I wouldn't have regrets or question your decision to go. The people of Cameroon are fortunate to have you there and the city of Joplin will be fortunate to have you back. Plus I think Africa may be a less traumatic experience for your kids than staying home right now. We love you bunches and can't wait to hear about your adventure!