Ipsen Vacation tickers

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Here I go again!

Ok, here I go again.  I'm leaving for Kenya today!  And for all of you that were wondering, I did get my bag packed.  I finished this morning!  So this trip is just me.  Just me from my family that is.  I am traveling with Trent and Richard from church.  We will be meeting up with a group of 8 from Trinity Lutheran in Chicago.  From Chicago we travel to London and then on to Nairobi.  Our mission for this trip is eyeglasses.  We will be screening for eye problems and fitting people with new eyeglasses.  And witnessing too of coarse.

As you all know I am a procrastinator times ten.  I hadn't thought much about getting ready for this trip until about a week ago.  Last week a dear friend, Cindy, had traveled to her home away from home in Senegal.  As many of you know that is where Brian first met Fatou as well as Pastor Mendi.  Susan is Pastor Mendi's daughter who B did scoliosis surgery on this past July.  We spent the month with Pastor and Susan during her recovery.  My family grew to love them both.  Anywho, Cindy got to meet Susan in Senegal on this trip last week.  She posted a picture of her, healthy and happy!  It brought tears to my eyes.  I hadn't even realized I missed her that much.  What an amazing example of God's hand at work!  That moment got me excited about my now trip to Kenya.  Though the mission is different, I know the lessons, experiences, and relationships will be equally as rewarding.  Serving my God and His people...awesome!



for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose. Philippians 2:13

So, with that I ask for prayers for safe travels for our group, God's guiding hand, and a fulfilled mission.  If internet allows, I'll keep you all posted.

al

No comments: